You will need: Serves 2
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 1 broccoli head
- 220g of Bavette pasta
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of chopped flat-leaf parsley.
- Crushed garlic
For the Tomato Chilli Chutney:
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 5 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 40g brown sugar
- 40ml red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
What you need to do
- Place all of your ingredients into a pan and bring to a gentle simmer, making sure to stir Leave the ingredients to simmer in the pan for 1 hour, until all have darkened.
- Use a hand blender to lightly mix the ingredients, until the mixture exhibits a jam-like texture. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and bake the salmon fillets for 20 minutes.
- Boil the pasta for 8-11 minutes in slightly salted water, stirring during the first minute to stop the pasta from sticking. Meanwhile, steam the long stem broccoli for 7-8 minutes.
- Once all is cooked, flake the salmon fillets and broccoli over the pasta, and pour the tomato chilli chutney over all.
- Top the dish with parsley, crushed garlic and black pepper and red pepper flakes.
Saucy Top Tip: To up the flavour and reduce the fuss of this delicious dish, use The Saucy Fish Co.’s Ready to Eat Roasted Salmon with a Tomato & Chilli Chutney… recently honoured with a Gold Healthy Food Award by Women’s Health and Health & Fitness magazines.
Recipe courtesy of The Saucy Fish Co.