5 Things to Know Before Getting Lip Fillers
Want to improve your pout? This is what you need to know before getting lip fillers.
A perfect pout is the look of the moment, but there’s only so much make-up and trickery can do – which is why so many people are turning to lip fillers.
But before you book in for a treatment, hold up: there’s a few things you should know, consider and be informed on.
Injectables expert Alice Jenkins from Harley Injectables reveals 5 things to look out for when getting lip filler.
- Uneven pout – after receiving lip filler treatment, it’s normal to have a bit of swelling. However, there shouldn’t be significant bumps in the lips at 2 weeks post treatment. Imperfections after 2 to 3 weeks might represent excess amounts of the dermal filler in those locations. You may want to ask the practitioner that did your lip augmentation to inject hyaluronidase which will dissolve the HA filler and even out the lips.
- Lumpy lips – Lumpiness is very common to feel in your skin in the days after injection of dermal filler into the face, including the upper lip body, cheeks and chin. It should start to disappear within a few weeks but in the mean time you can use light-pressure ice compression and a very gentle massage technique.
- The important ratio – What is the perfect lip ratio? Most injectable professionals agree that the perfect pout is something like a 1/3 volume upper and 2/3 volume lower lip. This golden ratio will ensure that you have that perfect set of lips that are both full and desirable.
- Leave it to the pros – There are hundreds of bad examples of lip filler treatments available to book online. Many of these terrifying instances come from the result of someone who is under-qualified performing these treatments. Make sure you go to a registered medical practitioner (there are many beauty therapists administering filler who shouldn’t be). Practitioners should know the anatomy of the face, and what to do if vascular occlusion or compromise occurs.
- Seamless job – One of our main goals is to ensure that your natural beauty is enhanced without being obvious. Your lips shouldn’t look ‘done’. If you have a great injector, your friends shouldn’t be asking you if you’ve had your lips done. Instead, you should be getting endless, flattering compliments on how good you look without suspicion.
Sign up for The Lifestyle Library Magazine...
Subscribe for free here!
Already a member? Click to login.