Treating your precious skin to a weekly dose of TLC is not only important for keeping your skin looking as radiant and glowing as possible but the very act of sitting back with a facemask plastered on your face is rather very relaxing and we could all do with 15 minutes out to enjoy some well earned ‘me’ time, applying a face mask is the perfect excuse.
With so many face masks on the market in sheet, mud and cream form (we’ll be sharing our favorite three later) it can be tricky to choose the perfect one for your skin, so we’re going back to basics here and trying homemade facemask recipes with these good enough to eat ideas…
TO CALM OILY SKIN
A real breakfast inspired recipe- you really could eat it, but save it for your skin it will work wonders!
– Mix together an egg yolk, a tablespoon of olive oil, a tablespoon of honey and half a cup of oatmeal
– Apply to the face and leave for 20 minutes
– Rinse off and then moisturize
GET THE GLOW
Instantly recharges the skin giving it that enviable glow
– Mix half a cup of honey with 3 tablespoons of orange juice
– Apply to the face and leave for 30 minutes
– Rinse with cool water, apply serum then moisturize
This banana-fused recipe will hydrate your skin and leave it feel super soft and moisturized
– Mash up a medium sized banana into a smooth paste and then add a tablespoon of honey and a squeeze of lemon
– Apply to your face and neck and leave for 10-15 mins
– Rinse of with cold water
CLEANSE AND TIGHTEN
This super tightening and cleansing mask recipe will leave skin feeling rejuvenated
– Mix 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt with the juice from a segment of a freshly cut orange and add some of the orange pulp, now add 1 teaspoon of aloe
– Apply to your face and leave for 10 mins
– Rinse off with refreshing cold water for extra pore tightness
– Apply a moisturizer
BEST SHOP BOUGHT FACE MASKS
THE BEST SHEET MASK
Infused with orchid extract, seawater minerals, brown algae and peptides this radiant boosting sheet mask by the incredible skin expert Su Man will transform skin in just 15 minutes. Feels like a spa facial treatment in the comfort of your own home.
This detoxifying, anti-ageing mud mask by Omorovicza combines exfoliation, deep pore cleansing and an overall luxurious experience to deliver an instantly brightened complexion.
THE ANTI-BLEMISH MASK
This natural clay-based mask helps to prevent breakouts and manage the skin’s oil levels to keep skin shine-free, unclog pores and rid skin of excess oil. Perfect for blemish prone skin.