This is very moreish! Packed with nuts and superfruits for an unbeatable way to start your day, the addition of cinnamon will get your metabolism fired up and ready to take on the day. Perfect with Greek yoghurt or a splash of cold almond milk.
50ml vegetable oil
3 tablespoons water
250ml organic honey
50g pecans, broken
50g pistachios, roughly chopped
60g flaked almonds
50g pumpkin seeds
50g sunflower seeds
25g sesame seeds
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
50g apricots, chopped
50g golden berries
50g dried cranberries
40g goji berries
50g dried blueberries
• Preheat the oven to 150°C/130°C Fan/Gas Mark 2.
• Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
• Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
• Gently warm the oil, water and honey in a small saucepan until mixture becomes runny.
• Pour the honey mixture over the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon; the mixture will be very sticky.
• Spread the mixture over the 2 trays in a thin, even layer.
• Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown, making sure you turn the mixture every 5–10 minutes.
• When you remove the trays from the oven, the mixture will still seem quite soft but as it cools it will begin to harden. While it is still warm, mix in the dried fruit, then leave to cool.
• Once cool, store in an airtight container.
Recipe taken from ‘Delicious Gifts: Give, Love, Bake’ by Rob and Amber Kirby – published by Bloomsbury Books, £18.99 (Hardback) http://bloomsbury.com/uk/delicious-gifts-9781472930088/