Makes 12 truffles:
50g / 2 tbsp Pure hazelnut butter
130g / 1 ¾ cups cake of your choice, crumbled
50g / 4 tbsp of unrefined dark brown sugar or coconut sugar
50g / 3 ½ tbps of water
5g / 1 tbsp ground ginger
100g / 1 cup chopped dark chocolate (min 55% cocoa)
100g / 1 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Heat the water, dark brown sugar and ginger in a small saucepan until sugar is dissolved.
- Crumb the cake with your hands, add the hazelnut butter and brown sugar ginger mixture to the cake. Combine well until you have a moist mix that can be shaped into balls.
- Divide the mix in 12 equal parts, and roll them into balls.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours in a sealed air tight container.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave, 15 seconds at a time, mixing in between. Using a fork to dip the cold cake truffle rounds completely into the melted chocolate. Use the side of your bowl to tap the truffle to remove the excess chocolate, and roll them in the chopped hazelnuts straight away. Let it set for about 30 minutes in the fridge, and they will be ready to enjoy!
Cutter & Squidge exclusive recipe for The Lifestyle Library
20 Brewer St, Soho, London W1