Hiiiii new season. We are fully immersed in spring mode people. The sunshine is out, the lighter mornings and evenings are just glorious, and we’re dreaming of getaways and spring breaks…
Don’t get me wrong I love all seasons of the year, but what does a new season beckon? Exactly, a new wardrobe.
Bursting with so much colour and so much joy; from high end to high street, here are the key SS16 trends to inspire your new wardrobe – and to invest in, right now.
1. Pom poms: Trust me, they are everywhere.
2. Neck accessories: Cutesy flower neck ties, bows, skinny ties and the most characteristic collars you’ve ever seen.
3. Off the shoulder love: Playful, elegant, and just outright gorgeous. Reach for cut out sleeves and off the shoulder styles.
4. Lashings of metallics and sequins: Get ready for an intergalactic overload.
5. Lingerie, camisole slips and PJs: What, we can leave the house in our PJs? In public? In day time? Yes. All our prayers and dreams have been answered.
6. Ruffles: And plenty of them. And a bonus flamingo inflatable thrown in for good measure too.
7. Tassels: Tassels, tassels, tassels. And more tassels
8. Lustrous lines: Go bright with rainbow hues. Focus on lace-up details, horizontal, zig-zag – mix it up – it’s all about the lines.
9. Flat shoes: We have classic flats, flatforms, plimsolls and espadrilles… so much choice, and so much love for the hero-flats.
10. Bomber jackets: Possibly the most versatile of the trends. Make a statement with a trans-seasonal statement bomber – the more embellishment the better.
New season, we’re so happy to have you.
Sarah Woo xx