There is little out there that carries the warm festive connotations of a good Gingerbread man! Infused with cinnamon and other spices, this fun treat for the family to indulge in is perfect for sitting around the fire singing Christmas Carols or watching your favourite Christmas film!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1 1⁄2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
1⁄4 cup sugar
1⁄3 cup molasses
2 1⁄4 tablespoons hot water
1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt together until combined. Then set the bowl aside you’ll need it in a moment.
- Now, large bowl, cream shortening and sugar with fork. Stir in molasses, hot water and vanilla with large spoon. Stir in flour mixture until smooth.
- Cover dough with film and chill 2 to 4 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough. Cut out shapes.
- Transfer the shapes onto a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Once the oven is heated place the tray into the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Once hard, Cool on a cooling rack and decorate as and when you like.
Recipe Credit: Nosh Detox
Like this Recipe? CLICK HERE for more Vegan recipes for Christmas